GRM strongly believes in protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. In
order to explain how GRM collects, uses and protects personal information, we have developed this
come into the possession of GRM that can be used to identify, contact, or locate a discrete individual
expression of opinion about such individual. Any information which cannot be used to identify a discrete
individual (such as aggregated statistical information) is not personal information.
THE PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect and process your personal information mainly to provide you with access to our services and
products, to help us improve our offerings to you and for certain other purposes explained below.
- The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used.
We will only collect information that we need for that purpose.
- We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details, for
example when you purchase a product or services from us or when you submit enquiries to us or
contact us. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us
and what information is optional.
- We also collect information about you from other sources as explained below.
- With your consent, we may also supplement the information that you provide to us with
information we receive from other companies.
- Website usage information is collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet
visitor usage information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you,
To provide our products or services to you, to carry out the transaction you requested and to
maintain our relationship;
- For underwriting purposes;
- To assess and process claims;
- To conduct credit reference searches or verification;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security
- For operational purposes, and where applicable, credit scoring and assessment and credit
- For purposes of claim checks
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- For debt tracing or debt recovery;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
- We will also use your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or
industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of
products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy
We may share your personal information with, and obtain information about you from:
- Third parties for the purposes listed above, for example credit reference and fraud prevention
agencies, law enforcement agencies;
- Other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims;
- Other companies, when we believe it will enhance the services and products we can offer to you,
but only where you have not objected to such sharing;
- Other third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information.
- We may also disclose your information:
o Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
o Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop
unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our
security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
- When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality
obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept
- We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your
information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We will take all
reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Please note that we may amend this Notice from time to time. Please check this website periodically to
inform yourself of any changes.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have questions about this Notice or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information
about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct
your personal information, please contact us at the following numbers/addresses:
Contact Person/s : Phillip Naidoo/Rashaad Vahed
Contact Number : (031) 201 0545
Address : 272 John Zikhali Road
You have the right to complain to the Information Regulator, whose contact details are:
Tel: 012 406 4818 or +27 (0) 10 023 5207